Re: [Xen-devel] Re: PCI passthrough stopped working, brainache!

On 15 October 2011 11:36, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In general if a driver is correctly using the DMA API things should
> never be within the swiotlb.

OK, they just looked coincidentally similar.

> I think you've got 8G of RAM so one thing which might be worth trying is
> to give "mem=2G" (or perhaps 3G) on the hypervisor command line.

Yes I do have 8GB, will give it a try.

> I wonder if the hypervisor's "dma_bits" option has any relevance here?
> Might be worth a go?

I noticed that parameter, but couldn't see much indication of sensible
values, something a few bits less than 32 perhaps?

> In general I think these sorts cards use I2C extensively, i.e. the tuner
> etc is on an i2c bus, so I wouldn't expect anything to work at all
> without it.

Yes, that part of the card is working, w_scan can control the tuner
and detect when it latches onto valid muxes, receiving the bulk
datastream from the demodulator is the problem.