[Xen-devel] Re: PCI passthrough stopped working, brainache!

On 11 October 2011 22:25, Andy Burns <xen.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I have it partly working again
> I think it's either ...
>
> Using "com1=115200,8n1 console=com1" on the hypervisor command with
> "console=hvc0" on the dom0 kernel command
> which I think would be a WTF? if that turns out to be the cause.

And the winner is  .......... WTF?

I'd enabled serial console for catching some crashers around the
3.1.0-rc5 and -rc6 releases, once Konrad's fixes made it upstream I'd
left the console serial enabled with -rc7 and -rc8, but I reverted to
VGA console with -rc9 as I was no longer seeing any crashers!

The motherboard is an X38 chipset, but doesn't have VT-d due to lack
of BIOS support (thanks ASUS) so there's no VGA passthrough going on.

Any educated guesses as to what's the cause?