Re: [Xen-devel] dmidecode doesn't work under xen 4.1.1 on certain hardware

On 06/10/2011 17:07, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>>> If you feel adventours you could use the oss.oracle.com/git/kwilk/xen.git
>>> tree. Mainly the #linux-next or #testing branch. They both have David's new
>>> e820 code.
>>>
>>> The way to get it is:
>>>
>>> git clone oss.oracle.com/git/kwilk/xen.git
>>> cd xen
>>> git checkout origin/linux-next
>>> make -j90
>> Sorry it panicked :-(
>> I've attached two photos of the two flavours of panic & a copy of the
>> config.
> No serial console? Did it panic when you booted as baremetal?
Sorry - no serial console - I hadn't really intended to become part
kernel hacker!! We're looking for leads to see if we can set it up, but
I'm going to have to look through the attic into some old dusty boxes...

It runs through fine on bare metal.

>> It seems to get through the initial kernel boot and hands over to my
>> init script, but panics early on in that process, probably at the point
>> that udev is loading modules.
> Looks completly unrelated to the dmidecode issue. Lets attack one thing
> at a time.
>
> Can you move the ioatdma.ko as .bak so it wont load and try again.
I moved the ioatdma.ko module out of the way, but I'm still getting the
panics in my init script as udev registers the devices. It's the same
panic as I attached a photo of in the previous email (the one with
xen_force_evtchk_callback & do_coprocessor_segment_overrun in the call
stack).