Re: [Xen-devel] cap and reservation functionality in the credit2 scheduler?

2011-10-05 ìí 7:24, George Dunlap ì ê:
> From my humble point of view, probably additional timer may be required
to implement them because there isn't any periodic timer in the credit2
unlike the previous credit scheduler.

what do you think about it?
I'm not opposed in principle, but until I've seen the whole algorithm,
I can't really comment. :-)  Do you have an algorithm in mind?
Actually, I don't have any idea in mind yet.
however, I will try to devise a method to support them and make a patch.
So, If you can afford to review, I will appreciate it :)

And, I think that there are still some to-do lists for the credit2 and xl tools needs to include credit2 support.

In addition, I found that adjusting dom0 weight have failed to work, but except for the dom0, it worked well. I found that this problem had been on xen-devel lists long time ago, but it seems not to be solved yet. I think this may be related with spinlock. When I remove the vcpu_schedule_lock_irq() in csched_dom_cntl(), it worked well. I'm not sure what is the real problem because I didn't completely understand the mechanism about spinlocks in xen scheduler.

Any comments? or new thread needed?

--
Best Regards,
Eunbyung Park