Re: [Xen-devel] cap and reservation functionality in the credit2 scheduler?

2011/10/5 Eunbyung Park <silverbottlep@xxxxxxxxx>:
> As far as I know, from the up-to-date xen-unstable, the credit2
> scheduler lacks the functionalities of cap and reservation.
>
> Is there any on-going work for this?
>
> I would really expect the functions to come into us. :)

Unfortuantely not -- the credit2 work has been stalled for lack of resources.

> >From my humble point of view, probably additional timer may be required
> to implement them because there isn't any periodic timer in the credit2
> unlike the previous credit scheduler.
>
> what do you think about it?

I'm not opposed in principle, but until I've seen the whole algorithm,
I can't really comment. :-)  Do you have an algorithm in mind?

Unfortunately, I never got around to solving that part.  I was focused
on getting a clean, simple, mostly predictable algorithm to handle
weights.  The algorithm itself may therefore need some tweaking to
make cap / reservation possible.

 -George