Re: [Xen-devel] Xen interrupts when using passthrough

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:51:10AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:

> Either by sending the characters from the serial console (after switching
> input to Xen), or by using "{xl,xm] debug-key" followed by
> "{xm,xl} dmesg" to view the output.

Thanks.

> Dom0 shouldn't get involved at all - Xen does the necessary conversion.
> Dom0 may only be involved in setting things up. Whether they get
> received via event channels or virtual interrupts depends on the kind
> of guest.

I think I used the wrong terminology not distinguishing between the
hypervisor and dom0 so I will ask again just to make sure. Is the
hypervisor involved in passing the interrupts? Does it depend on
whether the guest is paravirtualized or not? The guest I am using is
paravirtualized (i.e uses xen hypercalls), so does it mean that it
uses event channels or is there a possibilty that it does not use
event channels.