Re: [Xen-devel] Xen interrupts when using passthrough

>>> On 05.10.11 at 10:26, Eli Cohen <eli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 08:27:07AM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>
>> Quite possibly a mixup of Xen and Linux IRQ numbers. You may want
>> to check Xen's 'i' and 'e' debug key output for whether this might be
>> the case.
>
> Can you tell how this is done - sorry, I'm not a xen expert.

Either by sending the characters from the serial console (after switching
input to Xen), or by using "{xl,xm] debug-key" followed by
"{xm,xl} dmesg" to view the output.

>> > My geust kernel is 2.6.32 based
>>
>> Upstream (pv-ops), forward-port (most likely SUSE-derived), HVM, or
>> yet something else?
>>
>> > and I can't see any file with the name
>> > event_channel.c.
>>
>> That's a hypervisor source file, not a Linux one.
>>

> So how do you think interrupts should reach the guest. Is it through
> event channels (i.e dom0 receives them first) or do they go directly
> to the guest with dom0 unaware that there was an interrupt?

Dom0 shouldn't get involved at all - Xen does the necessary conversion.
Dom0 may only be involved in setting things up. Whether they get
received via event channels or virtual interrupts depends on the kind
of guest.

Jan