Re: [Xen-devel] Xen interrupts when using passthrough

>>> On 04.10.11 at 21:00, Eli Cohen <eli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's a description. I have a PCI device which supports SRIOV, so
> there are several virtual functions besides the primary function. The
> device generates interrupts using MSI-X. I bind one of the virtual
> functions to the guest. The PCI device driver at the guest requests
> msix vectors from kernel and gets two vectors. Then it calls
> request_irq for those vectors.
> When the device generates msix interrupt using the address/data in
> it's msi-x table. However, the guest kernel complains the no handler
> is registered for this vector. Specifically, I request_irq for vectors
> 48 and 49. When the device issues interrupt for vector 49, the guest
> complains that it received interrupt for vector 89 which has no
> handler routine.

Quite possibly a mixup of Xen and Linux IRQ numbers. You may want
to check Xen's 'i' and 'e' debug key output for whether this might be
the case.

> My geust kernel is 2.6.32 based

Upstream (pv-ops), forward-port (most likely SUSE-derived), HVM, or
yet something else?

> and I can't see any file with the name
> event_channel.c.

That's a hypervisor source file, not a Linux one.

Jan