[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.1.1 + IGD passthrough and Intel DQ67SW, i7-2600

>I have now tried with the new 3.1.0-rc3 kernel (and latest 4.2 XEN), with the
>exact same result. It passthrough works fine before loading the proper drivers,
>but hangs at startup with correct drivers.
>
>I forgot to mention that I did try to install Win 7 on this computer without
>XEN and everything worked fine, so the drivers provided by Intel do work.

I just got a DQ67SW+i5-2500 and see the same behavior. I am running 3.1.0-rc8,
latest xen-unstable, Windows Server 2008 R2, and the latest Intel September
drivers. The VM spins at 100% CPU according to xl top once it transitions to
full graphics mode from the boot splash screen. There is also no response from
the keyboard after this (i.e. caps lock light won't toggle).

I tried using using VNC as primary video and the IGD as a secondary device.
Windows sees the IGD PCI device but complains that it can't be started (even with
just the basic VGA driver).

I have also been trying to get a cheap ATI card to work (Radeon 3850) as either
a primary and secondary card with no luck at all (not even text output during VM
boot). I've tried one of the patches that modifies qemu-dm (pt-graphics.c) that
adds some ATI specific bits, but other than some extra debug output in the log
files, I don't see any difference in behavior.

I am willing to try out new bits/patches if that would help anyone.

Thanks,
-mike