Re: [Xen-devel] USB disk corruption on Xen 4.1.0 & Linux 2.6.38.7

On 02/06/2011 15:44, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>>> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "boot baremetal", but I've just done a
>>> boot where I removed the mem=4096M options from the Xen boot line and added
>>> an 'iommu=soft' option. The result of this was a corrupt USB device again.
>> Baremetal = no Xen.
Tried a baremetal boot (no Xen) with ''iommu=soft" on the linux command
line, and the USB reads fine.
> I've an BIOSTART motherboard that looks to have a similar EHCI controller -
> MCP61 based.
> Is the USB stick that you are using any special? Or is just a normal one?
It's a Kingston DataTraveler G2 (2GB). It's the cheapest memory stick I
could find at the time, nothing special as far as I know.

I'll try to get the kernel sorted out to get around the screen
corruption tonight, and try on another system tomorrow and with a
different memory stick too.

Cheers,

Anthony.