Re: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough issue

Hello,
Last investigations show that I've the latest BIOS version for my
motherboard.
Do you need more tests, if yes which ones ?

This problem annoys me because I did not manage to get OpenWRT working
with 64bits kernel.

Regards,
JB

Le 17/01/2011 14:58, Jean Baptiste Favre a écrit :
> Hello Konrad,
> Have tested with Debian 32bits domU. Once domU is started, log in via xm
> console and exec "ping 10.0.0.1" and "ping -s86 10.0.0.1"
> Here are the results:
>
> - 32bits kernel + 32bits Debian Squeeze => ping -s86 FAILS
> - 64bits kernel + 32bits Debian Squeeze => WORKS
> - 64bits kernel + 64bits Debian Squeeze => WORKS
>
> Used kernels are:
> 32bit: linux-image-2.6.37-trunk-686-bigmem
> 64bit: linux-image-2.6.37-trunk-amd64
>
> Will now try to compile openwrt kernel as 64bits and update you.
>
> Regards,
> JB
>
> Le 17/01/2011 09:59, Jean Baptiste Favre a écrit :
>> Hello,
>> Has made little tests this week-end.
>> - Can not use full vanilla kernel with OpenWRT. Must apply some patch to
>> make OpenWRT boot and don't had enough time to figure out which one
>> exactly. Will work on it this week.
>> - Have tested a Debian PV 64bits domU with 2.6.37 kernel from Debian
>> experimental repository. Network is fully working. Will try a 32bits
>> domU this week
>>
>> So, at this point, either because of 64bits, either because of "better"
>> kernel, network with PCI passthrough is working.
>>
>> Still have to try 32bits kernel, as well as filtering OpenWRT patches.
>>
>> Regards,
>> JB
>>

>> Le 15/01/2011 00:29, Jean Baptiste Favre a écrit :

>>> The NIC I use is "Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit
>>> Ethernet Controller", not Intel, with sky2 driver.
>>>
>>> # cat /proc/interrupts
>>>            CPU0
>>>  55:       1393  xen-pirq-pcifront-msi  sky2@pci:0000:00:00.0
>>> 246:        202   xen-dyn-event     blkif
>>> 247:        103   xen-dyn-event     hvc_console
>>> 248:        603   xen-dyn-event     pcifront
>>> 249:        259   xen-dyn-event     xenbus
>>> 250:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       callfuncsingle0
>>> 251:          0  xen-percpu-virq      debug0
>>> 252:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       callfunc0
>>> 253:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       resched0
>>> 254:          0  xen-percpu-ipi       spinlock0

>>> JB