RE: [Xen-devel] Cannot load latest 2.6.32.10 kernel on AMD quad-core

Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:49:38 -0400 <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 04/25/2010 07:18 PM, Mike Viau wrote:
> Sun, 25 Apr 2010 09:10:11 -0700 <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>But besides that, the output from the kernel over ttyUSB0 still doesn't look right.  You should be able to get some kernel output I would think.
>Yes, i have COM1 on both boards. No problems.

>Boris.

Just to clarify, do you really use a ttyUSB0 (via an usb to serial adapter) and it works on you kernel command line to log messages or do just use your ttyUSB serial port (in dom0 for example) to console into your Linux machine?

Thanks.

-M

      Not sure who you're addressing, but yes I have a USB-Serial adapter and ttyUSB0 I have put on the kernel command line, BUT it isn't working very well.  All it shows in minicom right now is
      AT+GCAP
      AT+GCAP
      AT+GCAP
      when the system boots up.

Not sure what the AT+GCAP messages are all about, but it may or may not have to do with modem commands. See http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayes_command_set

Has anyone ever successfully used a USB-Serial adapter and ttyUSB0 to work on the kernel command line to get boot messages?

It seems to go against what the wiki @ http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole

[quote]
USB serial adapter doesn't work for the computer running Xen (*), but it works for the other computer that is only used to view and log the serial console.
[/quote]

-M

Videos that have everyone talking! Now also in HD! MSN.ca Video.