[Xen-devel] RE: tmem - really default to on?

>>> Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> 08.02.10 19:30 >>>
>> > of tmem on a per-domain basis. Then I can't see why it should be
>> > only our Dom0 to be affected. And finally I can't see how the same
>> > couldn't happen when only DomU-s use tmem.
>>
>> I'm suggesting disabling CONFIG_TMEM for default dom0 compile
>
>Oops, I see in re-reading your earlier posts that you
>are enabling it by default for domU as well.  In that
>case I agree, sadly, that your best choice might be to
>disable tmem completely in your Xen hypervisor, at least
>until the Xen fragmentation issues are resolved.

And why would that not hold for the upstream version? That's what
the mail thread was about - whether for 4.0 defaulting tmem to on
should be reverted. I hence take your above statement as a 'yes'
to that question. Keir, will you do this then, or should I submit a
revert patch?

Jan