[Xen-devel] RE: tmem - really default to on?

>>> Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> 04.02.10 22:01 >>>
>A) There is some order>0 memory allocation in Xen domain creation
>that doesn't fall back to order=0, that I've not seen in my testing
>but shows up in your systems (or has very recently been added).
>If true, this is a problem not only for tmem but also for all other
>memory optimization work and we need to identify and (if possible)
>fix it.

This is the case - x86's shadow code does all its allocations as order-2
with no (possible the way things are designed) fallback.

Also, the domain structure itself is of order 4 (38k), obviously without
fallback (and even with address range restriction, though that one
is affecting only really big machines, and it could be lifted to
effectively not be a restriction anymore, i.e. just serve documentation
purposes).

Jan