RE: [Xci-devel] Porblem with disabling and then re-enabling a PT device in Windows

I shouldn't have suggested that you build without pciback; I got carried away
trying to make it simple for you :-); Obviously you would need it and I should
have stopped with suggesting that you tweak it.

Here is the thought process that led to my suggestion -

Clearly, that bit is getting changed as indicated in your log.  It is unlikely
that the guest is triggering that change which makes pciback a potential
candidate to suspect as it does change pci configuration space bits.  I need to
add some tracing and look at the path of execution to answer some of your
specific questions accurately and I won't be able to do that right now but I
can give some context to help you based on what I have experienced in
comparable situation and based on that I would say pciback is one place to
suspect.  To be a bit more specific I would say look into
pciback_enable_msi/pciback_disable_msi code, add some tracing there, observe
whether or not that code path is taken when the device is disabled/reenabled
within guest etc.  To reiterate, these are mere suggestions but looks plausible
based on prior observations.

Kamala