Re: [Xen-devel] Need help in debugging partially blocked hypervisor

  • To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dietmar Hahn <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:21:17 +0200
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 00:21:50 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: s=s1536a; d=ts.fujitsu.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-SBRSScore:X-IronPort-AV:Received:X-IronPort-AV: Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:User-Agent:Cc: References:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id; b=a3efMBSRACEu0lonEx10S4dM439Arcterv9iy8WyYqMtt/HJ9x12Z+Fh UMRzMgSPozy9BVoiTllr2MKyLtjPYNaCsBQVrU0VckpiUkTFgDsbGQ++c qkwjAlVtpX8HAvcYmB0wx9kEH3LOmKIR7WbWpmRw69ZFn8s7DmGg59DhD 6OOUsbowdVaMR+j/eQWerk9vD/wzA/CzlxF9p459Ol8q8jnwLwuPR+bgM tJTSWp9UuBNbFNAUWuCyKCXnFccgD;

> On 22/10/2009 07:23, "Dietmar Hahn" <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > OK, I tried xen-3.4-testing.hg and the system booted fine ;-)
> > Then I did a fresh hg pull from xen-unstable and the boot stopped in
> > the linux kernel.
> > Attached are the loggings from the serial console for both hypervisors.
>
> Okay, so output just dies early during dom0 boot. I guess if you try the 'd'
> debug key that you get no output from that either (CTRL-a three times
> followed by d)?

Sorry, CTRL-a doesn't work.

> Does xen-unstable work on other machines with that dom0 kernel, do you know?
> It's not at this point clear whether the issue is related to the hardware or
> the particular dom0 kernel.

Yes it works on older machines, I can send you the log.

> If you haven't seen that dom0 kernel work with xen-unstable on any system,
> can I get that dom0 kernel from somewhere to give it a go? Perhaps your
> exact dom0 kernel binary to start with, to make things as close as possibel
> to your setup?

If needed I can put the kernel on an outgoing ftp server.

Dietmar.

--
Company details: http://ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html