Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] virtbench now has xen support

Jan Michael wrote:
> Salut Rusty,
>
> On 21.05.2007, at 08:16, Rusty Russell wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 19:56 +0200, Jan Michael wrote:
>>> Hi Rusty,
>>
>> Hi JaN!
>>
>>> Now I'm one step further. The domUs will be created, but they are
>>> destroyed after seconds. I started one of them manually with console
>>> so that I could see the error message:
>>>
>>> <boot error>
>>> md: autorun ...
>>> md: ... autorun DONE.
>>> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-
>>> block(1,0)
>>> </boot error>
>>>
>>> That must have been something to do with the kernel I'm using. I have
>>> to investigate (google) this. But if you can also help me in this
>>> case - you're welcome!
>>
>> Hmm, perhaps your kernel doesn't have INITRD support?  The default Xen
>> kernel works (at least, for me on i386 it does)...
>
> Hm. No. Unfortunately the kernel I'm using has INITRD support, because
> we need it also for self-installation of our domUs in productive
> environment. I attached the whole startup log. The RAM disk driver is
> loaded in line 50.
> Do you have any other suggestions?
    66    XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/51713
    67    XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0

looks worrysome.  Do you have netfront and blkfront compiled into (your
kernel, either built-in or as modules in your initrd)?

Though it seems you have a more basic problem with mounting the initrd.