Re: [Xen-devel] RE: New Release Process

  Hi,

> SuSE have said they are actually going to base their release off 2.6.16,
> even though we're still likely to be on 2.6.16-rcX by their freeze date.
> One thing we could do to help them is to break with tradition and to
> check the 2.6.16-rcX into the tree rather than the most recent stable
> release, 2.6.15. This would help get 2.6.16 stabilized quicker, which
> would certainly help them. 2.6.16 is already at rc1, which means that
> many of the 'rough edges' should have been found, so I doubt we'll be
> hurting ourselves too much. This is -unstable, after all.

Question:  Which tree(s) are run through the XenRT test suite?  Is this
only xen-unstable.hg?  If so, then merging 2.6.16-rc1 into unstable
would be very helpful.  Not only for us, but also to make it stable for
the mainline merge.  If the linux-2.6-xen.hg and ext/linux-2.6-merge.hg
trees are regression-tested as well it would be less important.  But
would probably still give us more people testing the code on different
hardware ...

cheers,

  Gerd

--
Gerd 'just married' Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
I'm the hacker formerly known as Gerd Knorr.