Re: [Xen-devel] Now available: xm-test-0.4.0

PY> (1) modify RD_PATH="a specific directory" in configuration
PY> (2) put VMX initrd.img in RD_PATH

This is not needed.

PY> I notice that /tmp/xm-test.conf has been generated as the
PY> following content.
PY>
PY> disk = ['file:/var/vmmtest/ia32/initrd.img,hdd1,w']

Right, this is the workaround to get the root on hdd1 instead of
/dev/ram0, which you said doesn't work for vmx.

PY> 14_create_blockroot  14        64    0      1  r-----     53.3
PY> It seems that block device has been working!

Actually, this is a test that tests using a block device for root, not
related to vmx compatibility :)

PY> But the test result is failure in "xm create", and reason is
PY> "REASON: Failed to read from console (fd=3)"

Have you tried restarting your system?  There is a bit of a problem
with the console driver that causes this to happen sometimes.

You should do this:

  # TEST_VERBOSE=1 make check

and then grab the "xm create" line and try to run it manually with
"-c" to see if it's booting the domain properly.

PY> (2)"xm console" does not support VMX now. We could not get console
PY> information.

If this is the case, then a lot of work will need to be done to get
xm-test working for VMX testing :)

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center