RE: [Xen-devel] 46% performance drop with change in glibc

> There is no tls subdir since NPTL is the default (and LT is
> completely gone in FC5).  The code in /lib is the TLS code
> using the correct ABI.
>
> The crippled ABI is supported by the code in
> /lib/i686/nosegneg.  This code is *automatically* used if the
> kernel is compiled to match the glibc version.  This happens using the
>
> linux-2.6-xen-vdso-note.patch

I believe we have this patch in the xen repo, but I haven't ever
verified whether the right thing happens under FC4.

Andrew: please could you check you have the xen glibc rpm installed and
verify that the glibc selection is working using one of our kernels.

Thanks,
Ian