RE: [Xen-devel] Now available: xm-test-0.4.0

  • To: "Dan Smith" <danms@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Yu, Ping Y" <ping.y.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:57:13 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:57:37 +0000

Smith,

  I have tried your latest xm-test-0.4. To enable VMX, I have done the following
(1) modify RD_PATH="a specific directory" in configuration
(2) put VMX initrd.img in RD_PATH
(3) run ./configure
(4) then run a specific test suite by "make check" in this directory

I notice that /tmp/xm-test.conf has been generated as the following content.

disk = ['file:/var/vmmtest/ia32/initrd.img,hdd1,w']

When running test case in "create", I found the following domain has been
created.

[root@localhost xm-test-0.4.0]# xm list
Name              ID  Mem(MiB)  CPU  VCPUs  State   Time(s)
Domain-0           0       251    -      2  r-----     89.5
14_create_blockroot  14        64    0      1  r-----     53.3

It seems that block device has been working!

But the test result is failure in "xm create", and reason is "REASON: Failed to
read from console (fd=3)"

I suppose that there some reason for that for your reference.
(1) To create a VMX, we should use the following disk item as
/etc/xen/xmexample.vmx stated
disk = [ 'file:/var/images/min-el3-i386.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]
keyword "ioemu" is necessary.

(2)"xm console" does not support VMX now. We could not get console information.

(3)maybe we should let user configure the image name, for sometimes, we need to
test multiple VMX.

Any comment is welcome. :-)