[Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMA issues?

On 8 Jul 2005, at 16:38, David Muench wrote:

Looks like it didn't quite work. I started a capture and then ended it
20 seconds later, and I still have a zero byte file. Ivtv has some new
messages in dmesg though:

One last thing you might want to try is to edit linux-2.6.11/arch/xen/i386/kernel/pci-dma.c. There you will see that there are four separate uses of memcpy(), each conditional on a test of the form 'if (direction != DMA_xxx)'. You *might* have more success if you remove the direction-conditional tests and always memcpy.

Apart from that, this needs someone with hardware and expertise, and who cares about both ivtv and xen, to wade in. :-)

 -- Keir