[Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMA issues?

On 7 Jul 2005, at 17:07, David Muench wrote:

I recieved this reply to my request for help with ivtv on Xen on the
ivtv-devel list. I don't feel very well qualified to respond to
Andrew. Can I ask what your thoughts are? Am I just out of luck?

Andrew's simply pointing out that the ivtv driver already uses the dma-mapping interface properly. It's good to have that confirmed. :-)

However, looking back at XenLinux's implementation of {dma,pci}_map_single, it is broken for multi-page buffers. It's surprising noone has hit a problem before now, but most devices other than video-capture cards you deal with only up to a page at a time.

So this is a Xen bug: I'll find some time to fix this and get back to you. Are you using Xen 2.0 or 3.0 (unstable)?

 -- Keir