Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 07:03:20PM -0400, Christopher Li wrote:
> > Agreed.  I've never really used the "different commit
> > comment per file" thing in bitkeeper.  Well, I used it
> > in the beginning, but I stopped using it after I found
> > out that "bk changes" didn't actually show them anyway!
> >

> For one thing, it has performance implication of open every single
> file to get that per-file change log if you run the change history.
> I am still not convince the per file change log is very useful
> feature. Having more place to look is not always a good thing.

I wouldn't necessarily want to see the per-file change logs when
looking at the change history.  It's for when you want to dive into
the sources and do a more detailed look into a single changeset, or
when looking at the revision history for a particular file.  (i.e.,
when looking at the file revisions history in hg-web).

                                                - Ted