RE: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

> > Because of the way we use renames when doing linux version
> > upgrades it would be really useful to get this added.
>
> Matt Mackall wrote:
> Well someone can relay to them that rename support should
> happen very soon.

That's great to hear. One of the reasons we're keen on mercurial is that
the rate of progress is so impressive.

> I'm still not convinced of the value of
> per-file checkins (if you need per-file checkins, your
> commits are too big) but I'm not completely immune to reason.

We're intending to incrementally import our BK repo a changeset at a
time, retaining as much of the meta data as possible. Since we have
per-file info it seems a shame to throw it away. We may end up just
creating a summary of it in the changeset comment.

Ian