RE: [Xen-devel] i have made some updated debian packages to use2.0-testing...

  • To: "Tom Hibbert" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:44:49 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:44:20 +0000

I've uploaded some packages to:
http://www.meadowcourt.org/xen/

They're from testing on the 12th of May, but the diff.gz file there will
probably apply to a later version without much fuss. Just grab the
latest testing, extract it to a folder, cd to the folder, and do 'zcat
xen_2.0.5+cvs20050512-1.diff.gz | patch -sp1'. Then just
dpkg-buildpackage and all the debs will be built for you.

To make a kernel, for anyone not familiar with building a debian kernel
package, install kernel source from unstable (2.6.11 isn't in stable or
testing yet), extract it in /usr/src (you'll find the .tar.bz2 there),
cd to the folder where you extracted it to, and do 'make-kpkg --arch xen
--append_to_version -xen0 kernel_image' for a xen0 kernel, and (if
required), 'make-kpkg --arch xen --append_to_version -xenu
kernel_image'. The xenu kernel just allows you to have the two versions
there.

Adams patch to make the debian package, which I derived this one from,
doesn't do anything useful with --initrd (which should indicate that the
kernel should make an initrd on installation), so you'll have to make
your initrd manually after installing.

James

This
> information may be subject to legal, professional, or other privilege.
It