[Xen-devel] Re: XenDebugger-HOWTO

> Sample - machine is named "larry"
> from /etc/services:
> shemp0          6056/tcp                        # shemp console
> shempnsplit     12016/tcp                       # shemp nsplit service
>
> 6056 is the port on the actual console server - 12016 is the port I
> connect to on this machine to connect to the console

What is the "actual console server"?  I'm still not sure which program is
talking to the serial port.  It seems like this console server would be
the one to do that.

Here is how I have the machines set up:

Target
  - Running xen with debugging enabled, booted with pdb=com1
  - serial line out to DevHost

DevHost:
  - serial line in from Target
  - running nsplitd from /etc/xinet.d
  - minicom on /dev/ttyS0 to see xen console messages

See if you can step me through this.

On DevHost:

Run console_client.py localhost 12016:
 - this runs nsplitd, which in turns connects to some other host that is
   listening on 6056 running some "console service".

This is where I get lost.  What program is listening to port 6056?  I
would assume that this program also then can write to the serial port,
thus giving me "console" access to xen.  It seems  like I need to
replace minicom on DevHost with whatever program will talk to the serial
port and listen for connections on 6056 giving me a remote console over
the network.  Is that correct? What program does this?

Ryan Harper