Re: [Xen-devel] New kernel won't boot

> 1. At what point can I customize the kernel,
> (in my case, I need to add ReiserFS support)?  Should I
> run "make dep" etc. afterwards, or if not what command
> comes after I edit the kernel's .config?

After xen-clone finishes, try something like:
 cd xen-new/xenolinux-2.4.22
 make xconfig
 make clean
 make dep
 make bzImage
 cp arch/xeno/boot/image.gz ../install/boot/xenolinux.gz

Beware of adding non-default "character device" drivers. Apart from
that, most other options oughgt to work but may not have been tested.

> 2. Do I need to be root for anything other than copying
> in the images (which I've been doing with regular
> "cp") to /boot?  So far, I've not been running as
> root until I need it.

No.

 -- Keir