Re: [Xen-devel] New kernel won't boot

> This error happens before I can give the boot
> command (I'm using the grub shell, launched via MBR,
> after rebooting my system).  Basically:
>
> grub> root (hd0,0)
> grub> kernel /xenimage.gz   [args...doesn't matter which]
> Error 13: Invalid or unsupported executable format

So it's the new build of Xen that doesn't work?

It looks like it's not recognising the Xen image as a Multiboot OS.
What happens if you try using the non-gzipped image (you can take
xenimage.gz and just gunzip it, and try that)?

If it still fails then we might be able to take a look at it if you
can make your image available to us (maybe put it on a web server and
send us a URL?). I think someone else reported a similar problem a
while ago. Perhaps our build process is broken for certain versions of
gcc and/or binutils. Unfortunately it's not possible to get more
useful diagnostics out of GRUB without adding tracing to the source
code and recompiling it.

 -- Keir