Re: [Xen-users] Inter VM communication

To: rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Inter VM communication
From: Digimer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:53:28 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Achala Aryal <arya2595@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:55:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 06/01/2011 01:48 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Achala Aryal
<arya2595@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:arya2595@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi:
    I have two HVM domU ubuntu 10.04 Lts and Window XP running. I have
    assigned PCIe device to each of this domU. I would like to
    communicate these two VM. Can anyone give me some idea on how to do.
    I did some research on IVC but unable to get answer. Anything will
    be appreciated.

    Anju

Simply setup an extra interface on each VM, on the same IP subnet and
they'll communicate to each other :)
i.e. something like:
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.2.1
and then on the other VM
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.2.2

This works, but it shares the network traffic with the same network as the existing traffic. This is possibly a security issue if the existing network is not fully trusted.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer@xxxxxxxxxxx