RE: [Xen-users] cant use sda on domu

To: "'Nick Couchman'" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Holm Kapschitzki'" <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] cant use sda on domu
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:26:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:27:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        FYI, there is no booting from SCSI devices in HVM DomU because the
virtual BIOS doesn't support this.  You can have SCSI devices in HVM domUs,
but they will require drivers that may or may not exist, and once again,
they will still go through xen so it shouldn't benefit one unless due to OS
specific reasons.  Another (more obvious) exception to the above would be if
you are doing PCI passthrough instead of passing a virtual sdX (which would
presumably still require a virtual hda for booting from).
        Dustin