RE: [Xen-users] RE: adding a second NIC

To: <jcasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] RE: adding a second NIC
From: <joel.coopersmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:57:39 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:58:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So I have added a wrapper in /etc/xen with 755 permissions.  I have
created just like you suggested below:  Here is the contents of that
file:

 # cat /etc/xen/my-network-bridge
 #!/bin/sh
 dir=$(dirname "$0")
 "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1

Do I need to restart the xend service to make those changes take affect?
How will I see those changes to know they are working?

Then I assume to add them to each guest I modify the /etc/xen/guestname
file by replacing the old vif info with the new device?  I see there is
a MAC address in this same /etc/xen/guestname file that does not seem to
correspond to anything in an ifconfig -a.  I am confused as to where
this MAC comes from.

-Joel