Re: [Xen-users] Re: testing VMware inside an HVM

Thank you!

I am able to reproduce this now.

HVM = CentOS 4.5
running VMware Server 1.0.4 (not VMware WS 6.0 image compatible)

It will start a CentOS 4.5 install (inside VMware) but a ways into it, it says it didn't detect any hard drives. So I choose a driver module it suggests. A few more seconds into it I get "Running anacoda, the CentOS-4 i386 system install - please wait..." The cursor is flashing for about 5 seconds, then stops flashing. VMware's VM is dead at that point.

Hum...

bigfoot29 wrote:
Heh... I dont know whats possible or if its not possible for others...
it worked.

I wrote the specs of the system in the other thread.

Basically its an AMD64-System with 64 Bit Ubuntu OS, Xen 3.1,
Windows2003Web with VMWare Server 1.0.4

I dont know if trouble might occur later on but an installation inside
VMWare went through (fine) till the point where it asks for a valid key
that I dont have.

Regards, Bigfoot29