RE: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setup is

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 x64 under Debian amd64 - hangs on "Setup is Starting Windows"
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 22:00:09 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 04:58:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I suspect there may be bugs in 3.0.4 with x86-64 guests on AMD
> processors. You could give xen-3.1-testing.hg a try, if you are up for
> building your own Xen version. Otherwise, wait for the pre-built 3.1
> come out in a few days.

Thanks for that. I'm downloading it now. The last time I did a build was
back around 3.0.1, but I think I'll manage :)

My only concern is how it will play with the Debian version I have on
there now... might be easier to just hack the current 3.0.3 Debian patch
to work on 3.1.0...

Any idea if a kernel compiled against 3.0.3 (eg the stock Debian Xen
kernel) will work under the 3.1.0 hypervisor?

Thanks again.

James