[Xen-users] How do I find out why Dom0 crashes on guest startup?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] How do I find out why Dom0 crashes on guest startup?
From: "Schober Walter" <Walter.Schober@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:07:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 May 2007 03:06:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Before Wednesday all run fine. Then I must have done something - I tried to get rid of those IPMI error messages on starting hpasm, installed the latest RPMs from HP website - but can't tell exactly when it started that the DomU startup crashed my Dom0.

Anyway … How can I find out now, what exactly causes my Dom0 to crash? Which logs would tell me that?

/var/log/messages: Sometimes xenbr changes into forwarding of tap0 before, sometimes not.
/var/log/xen/xend.log: The only thing that sounds strange:
[2007-05-18 11:56:58 xend 3475] DEBUG (XendDomain:153) number of vcpus to use is 0

Meanwhile: hp-OpenIMPI, hpasm, hprsm, cmanic removed, OpenIPMI removed.

Still, the Dom0 crashed (just reboots, no output on Display, SSH connection interrupted) on starting a DomU.

System: Centos 5 x86_64 @ HP DL360G5, latest yum update done.

Will attach more info on config, when needed.

Many thanks!
Walter