[Xen-users] Re: DomU boot fails with can't find root on Fedora 6

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: DomU boot fails with can't find root on Fedora 6
From: Ligesh <myself@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:10:55 +0530
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:40:48 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 04:02:58PM +0100, Petersson, Mats wrote:
> You could try adding "--omit-lvm-modules" to your mkinitrd line - that
> should make it not include any of the LVM stuff that would be part of
> your initrd when building on a LVM-based system. [I found that by "cat
> /sbin/mkinitrd|grep -i lvm", I haven't tried it, so it IS guess-work - I
> don't use LVM, so it would take me longer to set that up and make it
> work than it would take you to build a new initrd and try it, I'm pretty
> sure].

 I tried that, but it would seem that while it removes the lvm modules from the
initrd, it doesn't remove the 'lvm' based commands from the 'init' inside the
initrd, and hence I am getting the same error. On a side note, it seems rpm
will segfault if the package size is slightly large (35MB). Aren't there any
stable software out there? :-)