Re: [Xen-users] problem with network

To: "Mark Menard" <mark-dated-1167931264.88b23f@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] problem with network
From: "Alessandro R." <lord2y@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:51:22 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:51:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2006/12/30, Mark Menard <mark@xxxxxxx>:
Alessandro,

I have a Poweredge 1900 with an integrated Broadcom nic. I couldn't get the
on board nic to work. It exhibited much of the behavior that you're seeing.

which version of xen had you install?

In my case the arp table looked much like yours with the incomplete entries.
I manually entered the arp address of a work station on the network and then
pinged that external work station. Running tcpdump I could see that the
packets were making it out of my domU, through the Xen bridge and onto the
wire, but nothing came back.

The same for me :-/

I eventually punted on the whole integrated nic, disabled it, and used an
add in card. I tried the add in card for diagnostic purposes, but when it
worked I just threw in the towel and stuck with it.

So, if you have a spare nic around, throw it in the machine and see what
happens.

Could you send me your hvm config file?
Thanks

--
Alessandro R.
Hp. http://lord2y.lunimig.org

NOTICE
This message is for the named person's use only and it's confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
and notify the sender. Thank you.