[Xen-users] Delphi debugger crashes in HVM WinXP

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Delphi debugger crashes in HVM WinXP
From: Patrick Wacker <wacker.p@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:07:26 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 08:07:28 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello List, this is my first post to the list and I hope my English is
good enough.

I want to use Borland Delphi 7 in a HVM WinXP, but when I run my program
with the debugger from Delphi the following error occurred:
Translated: "The Program can't be initialized (0xC0000005). Click OK to
quit the Program"
Original German: "Die Anwendung konnte nicht richtig initialisiert
werden (0xC0000005). Klicken Sie auf OK, um die Anwendung zu beenden".

After the click on OK the following messages are shown: "Internal Error
PRO-1826" and "Internal Error PRO-1840". After this messages the
following message occurs: "An error occurs with the following message:
access violation at 0x00000000: read from 0x00000000. Process halted."

When I start the program without the debugger then it runs without
errors, but I need the debugger!

I don't know how the debugger from Delphi interact with the program but
it seems that the debugger gets the wrong address from Windows or,
perhaps, it has a hard-coded address that doesn't work with Xen.

I've tried Xen 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 with Win2k and XP. I also tried a newer
Borland Delphi version (Delphi PE 2005) but the same error messages.

My Dom0 is OpenSuSE 10.1 on an AMD Athlon64 3200+

Is this a failure in Xen? In VMWare it works without problems!
Has anyone a suggestion how to bypass this problem?

-- Patrick Wacker