[Xen-users] Communicating with VM before Network is configured.

 Hi folks,

  There is a fundamental problem with Xen (at least as far as my current
knowledge go) in bootstrapping a fully functional virtual machine, and its that
you need to configure the network manually through the console, and this makes
it a little difficult to manage, especially in a remote setup. Is there some
way I can communicate with a program running inside a VM.  The way it can work
is that I have pre-created images all of which run a particular script. Now the
there has to be some method to send data to this script. In Vmware, there is
the vmService.exe program, using which you can get a particular string from the
config file of the Virtual Machine (which is residing in the host).  So there
should be an option called as 'communication-string' in the virtual machine
config file, and there should be a Xen utility which can get you this value
from inside the VM. This can be used to configure static ip addresses inside
the virtual machine. So is there some such mechanism already for Xen?

  Thanks.