RE: [Xen-users] Cheap HVM support

To: "Tomas Kouba" <tomas@xxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Cheap HVM support
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 16:02:07 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:03:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, any Rev F (which means AM2) processor except Semperon will have SVM
in it. I'm not sure which models are the least expensive, as I don't
really have to pay for mine ;-)

> 2) According to my observations the solution from Intel is a
> bit more needy
> (the better chipset, only dual core CPUs support VT). Am I right?

Can't answer this one...

> 3) What motherboard with AM2 is good according to your observation?

Sorry, can't help here, other than saying that good brands are usually
the way to go, so Gigabyte, MSI, Tyan and such are probably better than
the "noname" companies...

--
Mats