RE: [Xen-users] prequisites to hvm domains on vt cpus

To: "Tomas Florian" <tomas@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Bastian Blank" <bastian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] prequisites to hvm domains on vt cpus
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:01:08 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:02:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HVM is still new in Xen, so the unstable changesets are going to be
pretty variable as to what works and what's broken. I think it's fair to
say that you need to PICK CAREFULLY to find a really good changeset.

Check the Xen devel mailing list for test-results to see if there is a
recent changeset that looks more hopefull.

But certainly here at AMD, we're still fixing things in SVM-code, and
I've only recently fixed some bugs that were in shared HVM-code, and I
don't think those are the last ever bugs to be found.

ACPI can certainly make things worse, but I think the APIC emulation is
decent right now (although I may be wrong on that).

What type of domain did you try? Windows, Linux or something else? Did
you have a serial console attached, and if so, did you see anything
printed that may give a clue to what went wrong?

--
Mats