Re: [Xen-users] prequisites to hvm domains on vt cpus

To: Bastian Blank <bastian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] prequisites to hvm domains on vt cpus
From: Tomas Florian <tomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:14:59 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:15:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I've had the same type of experience on Intel 945 with D920 cpu. Turning off acpi and apic in the xenU helped a bit ... but anyways I found it too unstable for anything than playing around.

Tomas

Bastian Blank wrote:
Hi folks

What are the prequisites to run HVM domains on VT CPUs?

I tried it my new ThinkPad X60s with a Core Duo (Yonah), Intel 82801G
and Intel 945GM. I used changeset 9602 of the xen-3.0-testing repository
for the tools and changeset 9610 for the kernel. After the creation of
the domain, the whole system lookups hard and I can't even ping it any
more.

Bastian