Re: [Xen-users] Xen reboots

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen reboots
From: Peter Fokkinga <peter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 15:29:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 06:30:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Quoting Tulasi <kuzum@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I made a install of XEN but after booting into xen, it reboots
sometime later, without an information.

does anyone know what to do.

Add 'noreboot' (without quotes) to the Xen commandline in your
grub or lilo configuration. Now Xen will just halt when something
goes wrong instead of immediately rebooting, thus allowing you
to see what went wrong. See section 10.3 in the Xen users manual,
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html

It's quite possible that the 2.6.12 kernel does not support your
nVidia SATA controller. I would recommend you try Xen 3.0.2 that
was released a few days ago (it uses kernel 2.6.16). It can be
found at http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads

Cheers, Peter