[Xen-users] cannot build xen 3.0.2 with custom config

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] cannot build xen 3.0.2 with custom config
From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:12:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 07:12:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I still don't understand how to build xen 3.0.2 with custom configs for xen0
and xenU.
On this list I read to use:
  make KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU" world
And this works, however I cannot change configs here.
When I call the command above, it creates default-configs and when I change
them afterwards and run the command again, my configs are overwritten.
I found no way to build two kernels with custom configs.

The README file is no help either. Having two trees from the command above,
running "make dist" does NOT use those trees as stated but creates a new
"linux-3.0-xen" folder.

Maybe these seem to be stupid questions, but I never compiled kernels myself
before xen and I only did for xen3.0.1 and xen3-testing. Things changed
since and I don't seem to understand it. There is propably a correct way to
tell build world to use my configs, but I cannot find it.

(BTW, what is the correct/recommended way to include old configs (from
xen3.0.1)? I see there is a option to load "old config" in menuconfig, but I
assume it also loads settings from xen 3.0.1 which might have changes in xen
3.0.2... Is there a way to load only "real" kernel options and leave all xen
3.0.2 settings intact?)

I feel a little lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,