RE: [Xen-users] cannot build xen 3.0.2 with custom config

To: "'Ryan Burke'" <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] cannot build xen 3.0.2 with custom config
From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:55:05 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:55:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

> I just ran the "make linux-2.6-xen0-build" and it built and
> installed into dist/ fine. You might want to do a "make
> clean" just ot clear anything else out, or even re-extract
> from the xen-3.0.2-src.tar.gz to start clean. I know you've
> been working on this for a while now and maybe something is
> messed up. I'm not sure what to say, it works for me.
>
> Keep us posted.

It turned out to be a problem with my old config files.
Even though they work with 3.0.1, they somehow disturbed the build process
of 3.0.2.
Now I have reconfigured both kernels by hand again... :(
However, it's building.

When it's finished, I have issued:

make xen
make tools
make docs

make linux-2.6-xen0-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
make linux-2.6-xen0-build
make linux-2.6-xen0-install
make linux-2.6-xen0-dist ( <-- unsure about this )

make linux-2.6-xenU-config CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
make linux-2.6-xenU-build
make linux-2.6-xenU-install
make linux-2.6-xenU-dist ( <-- unsure about this )

I expect to have all regular files (kernels, modules, xen) in dist then.
Is there a recommended way to get the scripts and such, that I have
something comparable to the binary distribution?

Such that I can take it to my xen server(s) and just hit ./install.sh ?

Regards,
  Steffen