Re: [Xen-users] Testing *real* Video card in Xen

To: Jean-Eric Cuendet <jec@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Testing *real* Video card in Xen
From: Vincent Hanquez <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 02:04:13 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:10:51 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:07:40PM +0100, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:
> Hi,
> Does Xen share the video card between VMs?

No

> Or is the video card only accessible with the dom0 kernel?

At the moment yes, however with PCI passthrough (available in xen2 and
soon in xen3) you {can/will be able to} grant direct access to any PCI
device ..

> Do you know an application that access the video card (vesa?) directly
> without needing X11?

You are probably looking at application that can use the framebuffer.
(google will help you on this)

--
Vincent Hanquez