Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 testing ACPI problems / no PCI functionality

To: Patrick <patrick_@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 testing ACPI problems / no PCI functionality
From: Vincent Hanquez <vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:51:51 +0100
Cc: Frank Burkhardt <fbo2@xxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:58:32 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 10:02:58PM +0100, Patrick wrote:
> Hello,
> I just tried using a xen standard config aswell .. it did result in
> _exactly_ the same which means booting the dom0 kernel will have an end
> because of a kernel panic caused by ACPI .. and if I use acpi=off then
> dom0 will boot but I do not have PCI support at all.
>
> As I said in my first mail .. its a problem related to xen not related
> to my kernel config.
> >Please can you get a serial line on the machine and post a diff on the
> >native kernel on the xen test CD booting vs. one of the linux-on-xen
> >combos.

If you don't follow the debug instruction people tell you, nobody will
be able to magicly find what's the problem with Xen.

You have just repeated your previous mail here, which doesn't give us more
insight. Ian asks you a bootlog of both a native kernel and a xen kernel.
the thing needed has nothing to do with kernel configs anymore ..

--
Vincent Hanquez