xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] heads up: large nasty merge

To: xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenPPC] heads up: large nasty merge
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:04:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:04:38 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just committed a large nasty merge to xenppc-unstable and
linux-ppc-2.6. You definitely need to pull both at once.

The big change is that dom0_ops was fragmented into separate hcalls, so
if you don't update Linux with Xen you will get lots of "invalid
argument" errors from every dom0_op hcall, which xend does an awful lot
of.

I've built and booted a domU via xend, but it's possible something
didn't get rebuilt or I missed a file to check in, so please let me know
if you have problems.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center