xen-ppc-devel

Re: [XenPPC] continuous reprogram_timer[00] messages

On Friday 31 March 2006 09:34, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:24:40AM -0500, Jimi Xenidis wrote:
> > yes, it would be nice to esily identify the newer csets that invovle
> > a file and apply the ones you want.
> > If there is, its beyond my hg-kung-fu
>
> Use hg incoming to see the newer csets, and the hg pull -r <revision>
> to only pull those you care about? (can be relatively easily scripted
> to only pull csets that touch a specific file)

That will pull *up to* a particular changeset, which is certainly useful but I
don't think is quite what they were looking for.

Jimi was wishing you could cherry-pick an arbitrary changeset and apply it,
hoping that it would still be valid even without its predecessors.

Maria was wishing for a way to update a particular file to the latest version,
without even pulling in the complete changeset that file was modified in.
This can't work because the fundamental unit of modern version control
systems is the changeset (and that's to keep your repository consistent at
all times, which is a good thing). You can of course split out pieces of a
changeset and apply them by hand, and the conflict will be resolved when you
pull the real changeset.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center