RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Time for hybrid virtualization?

tgingold@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Let's forget method 1.
Ok

> With method 2, I suppose a copy is created first (ie, you don't patch
> the host pal).
Correct.
We copy several bundles to other memory, and add a bundle at end of the
copy code  to
jump back to host pal.
Then we can use the several bundle at pal_entry to intercept all pal
calls.

> I am not sure there is no direct call from EFI that
> bypass the pal/sal entry.
Maybe they can bypass pal/sal entry, but they can't bypass "code", we
are patching the code.
here is no issue.

Anthony

.